I've been thinking about B. F. Skinner's behaviour modification using Negative Reinforcement.
In the examples given in the document located here, it is a fairly easily understandable theory. However, how would you apply this in an adult learner setting? Particularly in a classroom full of autonomous, self-reliant, independent thinkers?
My current student demographic includes young adults who are the technology generation. They have grown up with it, lived, eaten and breathed it, from the day they were born. Their usage habits are ingrained into their personalities. Trying to teach them to use a computer effectively and efficiently, while maintaining a professional attitude, is difficult to say the least. I will give it some more thought, but I would really appreciate some feedback on how Negative Reinforcement might work to help change the learned habits into professional and appropriate usage of the computer.
How would you apply this in the language classroom... for example, to help students drop the bad habit of putting an 's' on the end of nouns (staffs versus staff)?
Any and all feedback welcomed :)
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment